Life Guru: Ambition

Life Guru
What does ambition mean to you?


What is ambition?

To some the word might as well be in Chinese or Japanese because they have no idea what it means to be ambitious. To have a dream is great and to set goals is even better but being able to say that you are ambitious is excellent.

The definition of ambition via dictionary.com is as follow:
noun
1.an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment: Too much ambition caused him to be disliked by his colleagues.
2.the object, state, or result desired or sought after: The crown was his ambition.
3.desire for work or activity; energy: I awoke feeling tired and utterly lacking in ambition.
verb (used with object)
4.to seek after earnestly; aspire to.

Ambition is the desire to turn a dream into reality and to take that desire to the next level by working on that desire. The world around us is full of people that are working hard to  reach their goals and dreams. By definition the fire that each person has within themselves to succeed and meet the goals is ambition.  

Artist are a prime example of ambition, never giving up even when people tell them they will not ever make it to the top. Wale’s newest CD is entitled, Ambition.  He has a song/poem titled, Ambitious Girl and on his new CD there is a track titled , Ambition ft Meek Mill & Rick Ross. Another artist is Fort Minor with his single, Remember the Name.

Ambition By Tupac Shakur

Take one's adversity
Learn from their misfortune
Learn from their pain
Believe in something
Believe in yourself
Turn adversity into ambition
Now blossom into wealth


On a personal note, to me ambition is the drive that I have to surpass my own goals, to make my dreams so big that people think that I live in a fantasy land but most of all it is the idea that I will not only complete a task but do it so well that people will be blown away. I think that my life has been ambitious from birth. I was born into a family that does not know the meaning of failure, and that our last name may as well be Ambition.  My life plan was to be a teacher, graduate from high school and go off to to college. I have tutored and taught at different levels. I graduated from Deerfield Beach High School in the top 10%, Silver Cord for volunteering, an International Baccalaureate Diploma, I wanted  to go to college, I attended the number one public university in that nation, the University of Florida. I wanted to graduate and go onto graduate school, I graduated in three years and networked while setting my life up for success.


Ambition is this magazine and the founder/ Editor-in-Chief Ju’lia C Samuels and the Worthy Magazine staff.  Ambition is simply waking up  in the morning and feeling like you failed the day before but knowing that today is a new day and you can right the wrongs, while leaping over new obstacles. Never give up, do not stop and whatever you do “Press On”, in the words of my 10th grade history teacher, Mr. Allen West. (Yes, Congressman Allen West.)

So the real question is not “what is ambition”, but “are you ambitious”?







Here are some other perspectives of what ambition means to these zealous people.
“When your vision is clear…your destiny can be seen through a mountain. Doing things beyond our comfort zone will help us reach our greatest potential.  If we settle for low expectations, we will receive low results.  Therefore, move from mediocrity to excellence and realize your full potential.”-Deric Feacher,Founder & CEO of The Messenger Speaks….a company dedicated to helping people move from mediocrity to excellence.
“Ambition is hitting the ground running while at your best and never stopping even at your worst.”-Chrystal AV,  University of Central Florida student and member of the Sigma Epsilon chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
“Ambition is one’s aspirations and the drive to achieve them. Ambition is quite similar to pride, in the fact that it can both positively and negatively affect men’s character and judgment. Ambition can be the wind beneath men’s wings, helping them unlock their potential and achieve greatness. Alternatively, ambition can expose the darker pits of the human soul, driving men to be ruthless towards their aims. Although the drive for excellence can never be negative, the means and the pursuit men choose to excel shows the nature of the man and his ambition.”-Winston Jean-Pierre, Airforce
“Ambition is my Vitamin C, B-12, Omega-3, and Zinc. It is having one door close,walking away, returning with a sledge hammer to put a hole in the wall and creating a new door way. It is staying up late night and having early mornings to outline an idea with no deadline. Ambition is that unexplainable energy that allows you to focus on the present because you already know that tomorrow is going to be a brighter day.”-TaKiya Sanders, Entrepreneur and Jeweler. I am constantly coming up with new ideas, new plans, new and exciting ways of getting a job done or even creating new ones. I love art of all forms,from written to spoken. I enjoy meeting new people and embarking on new journeys.
“Ambition: The want for something, the drive to get it no matter what obstacles tries to stop you.”- Bianca Malverez, Nordstrom Fashionista

“Ambition to me means a lot. Ambition is something that you have to do no matter what. It’s something you do not do just for you but the people around you. We do it for the people around us because that’s our brother. To make things easier for those around us. Do it with all your might, all your heart.”- USMC Lance Corpral ArcherFair

“To be independent, to extend your knowledge, to  grow as a person, to set yourself  above average is to be ambitious.”- Sylvia Johnson, Alumna of New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology and my mother
Ambition is the fuel that drives my dreams, so i can reach my destination of success.”-Cameron Miller, Co-Founder of Dormtainment.com, the greatest website in world for Creative.College.Comedy. I'm 23 with big dreams, a big heart, and a big bathroom...because my room is the master bedroom.
Ambition to me mean the will or drive to do something for yourself. My interests range all over the place. Once I hit 18 I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to do hair but in more detail, create wigs and pieces for women and men who have went through chemotherapy and/or experienced hair loss. During my process of going to college first, I had gotten sick and found out I was pregnant. I had a 7-13 plan that was briefly interrupted but that didn't stop me. I withdrew from college, went to beauty school instead, graduated and on to get my license, while also being back in school for medical assisting. My drive has never stopped. From having my son Andrew, overcoming a deadly condition, my ambition to keep going always kept me motivated to make sure what I wanted to do with my life made me happy. Nothing was going to stop me.”-Lorin Marie, Hair Stylist

“Ambition has no plateau or ceiling. The state of satisfaction is foreign to a person of ambition, they reside in the realm of pursuit. To know Ambition is to befriend Persistence who is the cousin of Sustainability. Ambition is not a lucky shot in the dark, it is endurance, hard work, the want to & most of all the will to."”-Jason Saunders (24),
Program Manager
Communities In Schools of Jacksonville Inc.
Bachelors of Science in Psychology
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. Initiate Spring 2007
“Ambition means having the motivation to accomplish all of the dreams and goals you set for yourself. With ambition comes the realization that there maybe obstacles and stop signs that may get in your way. However, using the ambition you have, you come to realize that you must push forward and use your inner strength and the strength that He {God} gives you to get where you want to go.”-Jaid Jones, Alumnus of the University of Florida and graduate student of Florida State University

“The word “ambition” has gained a great degree of significance in my life lately.When I think of the word, I can’t help but think of rapper Wale and his affinity for
the word. His latest studio product, “Ambition” focuses on the rapper’s hunger
to be successful no matter what obstacles he faces. The title track on the album
defines the term as something that’s “priceless, it’s something that’s in your veins.”
I could not agree more. That is what ambition means to me: it is something that
lives inside of you. It can’t be taught or acquired. It is the desire to succeed by any
means necessary. It’s doing the little things that will pay dividends in the long term.
It’s making smart decisions and not being afraid to make them. Ambition is truly
priceless because where it can take you is limitless. Ambition is what drives me
today despite unfortunate circumstances in my life.”-Everton Allen (23), A recent UF graduate who received a BS in Advertising with an outside concentration in Graphic Design. After interning in New York at a global advertising agency this summer, I decided to move back to Miami to seek employment here, be closer to my family and give back to the community that has already given me so much.
“Ambition...wanting to strive for something that may benefit you in the end (long run).”-Shantice Rahming, University of Florida student

"Ambition is pressing beyond failure to reach your goals. Feeling hope in hopeless situations, and slipping and falling, but still arising to the occasion."-David Faal, singer and University of Florida student
“I was asked to define AMBITION according to what it means to me. Ambition, in my books, is a filtered way of saying DETERMINED! I feel that a person who is ambitious, or determined, to get somewhere or to achieve something in life, that they are willing to do whatever it takes to get there. An ambitious person will persevere (without any outside support) against all odds- even when others tell them that they should "give it up" or "quit" because they feel that the person is getting no where. An ambitious person is thought to be a "crazy/foolish" person, because they are willing to keep fighting for what they want even though it looks like the cards of life are dealt against them. Are you ambitious?”-Joseph J. Perry (23), certified fashion photographer that lives in Gainesville, Florida. I am just a country boy with what they call "city dreams!" I believe in keeping GOD first in all that I do, cause he is a friend (THE ONLY FRIEND) that sticks closer than a brother. “What I have achieved thus far in my life was prophesied to me in 2006 by my Bishop. I am not surprised at all, but I am GRATEFUL! I am not a deep person I just believe in keeping it REAL.”
To me the word ambition expresses the drive and the feeling of great achievement with in yourself. It defines your motivation and determination.”-Jennifer P founder of "THEREALJPBLOG" better know as "JP" is of Haitian descent. I've been in the entertainment industry for awhile. I've interviewed and worked with local and main stream artist and actors. Also I'm very into the fashion industry. I'm what the industry world would describe as "The go to girl" #BlogThat


Worthy Feature

“Ambition to me is passion in another form. Ambition describes a person who saves excuses for those that make them. Throughout my life, I've been given reasons why I can't be anything in life. But since birth, God birthed something in me. I love to work. I'd be the best Papa John deliverer, Wendy's grill cook, or Regal Cinema worker I would be. The only problem I had with working was being limited. From fast food to software or graphic companies I worked for... I started to build this habit of always seeing something that I could improve; certain things I would do a whole lot better and certain low income
people I wouldn't turn away if I had the power to alter prices. Having this playing in my heart every time I clocked in for work made me ambitious about starting my own company. I saw problems that I had solutions for. Ever since this revelation, my ambition was to build a strong company that catered to small businesses and everyday people.”-Sony Laventure
Brief Bio
Since the age of 5, Sony Laventure developed strong work ethics at his father's side picking blue berries,apples, beans, peaches, and cutting sugar canes in humid fields from sunrise till sunset. Today, Sony is a talented entrepreneur with a passion for Fine Arts and innovative designs.

Sony is CEO & Founder of LMiDesign Group-40, a small Christian based company located in Gainesville, FL. LMiDG-40 is multi-media company that focuses on branding, advertising and event coverage.The company provides services that includes: photography, videography, web design, design/print design, computer services, SEO Marketing and social media. LMiDG-40 was founded in 2002 and was officially established in April 2008 while Sony was studying Digital Arts and Sciences at the University of Florida. February 2011, he launched his business statewide and nationwide shortly after he graduated
from Santa Fe College in Information Technology Education. Today, LMiDesign Group-40 provides professional graphics in California, Nevada, Atlanta, North Carolina, Connecticut, Massachusetts as well as United Kingdom and Canada. Visit website at MyLMDesign for additional information.

In addition to operating a small business, Sony is a black belt martial artist in Taekwondo and a dance choreographer. He is also founder of Visual Montage, a mime ministry at Jesus People Life Changing Church. He is currently in the process of writing a autobiography to be published in 2013.






Artist Feature
Ambition. Dictionary.com defines it as "an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment."
For me, ambition is that tenacity for life and vigor to do anything and past any obstacle one feels isn't attainable. And once someone gets that snowball rolling, whether it be for your career, short term/long term goals and dreams with ambition there is really no stopping anyone. The thing is with this word is that a lot of people use it but don't believe in it as a whole. So instead of using this word to describe a noun make this an everyday verb in your life. And make sure you take that world an embody it into your existence and live it daily. Its more than just the word. Its a lifestyle. Be ambitious. Never stop pushing for what you truly want and desire in life. Peace.

Worthy Write In
What Is Ambition?
By:
Trey Ford
The first place I looked when I began to think about what ambition means to me was Strong’s Bible Concordance. The Bible is where I find the specific principles that I apply to mastering the human experience and is the source in which I place my confidence for my answers in life. That source, coupled with the dreams that have been planted on the inside of me, is what I consider to be the mixture or medium through which a vision is birthed, and the realization or actualization of that vision can only come to pass via ambition. But when I looked in the Bible ambition was not in there at all, however desire (or one of its variations desirous, desireth, desired, etc.) is mentioned over 200 times, which signifies its importance. My deduction is that some-time after the renaissance, a time period where many breakthroughs in individual achievement were obtained, that we as humans needed a new word for desire with added intensity, ambition.  Ambition is a burning desire and a product of faith; faith being defined as the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Ambition is the fertilizer, the sustainer, the nutrient, or secret ingredient; it is the means to the end. Ambition is the energy that breaks all boundaries and previously perceived limitations.
Purpose creates the destination while ambition is what fuels one towards that target. This is why a strong sense of purpose is integral to any ambition bringing forth tangible results. The end goal must be big enough to be seen literally or perceived even from far away. I would compare this to those who climb the highest mountains for sport. The journey is long and must seem like an impossible distance from the base however from most points on the mountain one can set their eyes on the peak.  Courage is a by-product of ambition, when someone has a burning desire and passion attached to a large and specific purpose, different internal and external obstacles such as fear, doubt, weather, competition, lack of resources, and other circumstances cannot divert a person or delay them long enough to stop them from achieving that goal. True ambition has characteristics like longevity, resiliency, resourcefulness, which make it an un-wavering source of energy through which miracles occur. Surely some would agree that this appetite or hunger for personal success is born in some people and is simply not available to others but my thought is that it is developed based on different defining moments in the lives of every individual. To give the idea balance, I also believe that the daily content of intake as it relates to “brain food” is what will determine what choices individuals make when faced with these situations. Nevertheless I believe the most profound things happen when the ambition is tied to something that will change the world or change the lives of many, when the focus is taken off of the individual unit and put on the humanity as a whole. When the “why” is large enough the “how?” always presents itself to absolutely whomever is present to capitalize, and that “how” is channeled through… Ambition.

Trey’s “Hodge-podge”:
Born in Louisville, KY but immediately moved to Miami-Dade where he was raised. Later moved to Jacksonville where he completed Highschool and then was accepted to the University of Florida. Passionate about creating residual income, travel, advancing the Kingdom of God,

Graduating Senior at the University Of Florida, Ran first business over the summer as a rising Junior at the age of 19 and turned a small profit. Duplicated that same experience summer 2009 in the summer in savannah. Qualified for a BMW bonus program in that same year with a new company.

Currently working on a VLog and a Book THe V-Log is titled "The Post Graduate Experience: Quest for 7 Digits" and the book will be titled "Diplomas for Decoration"

Aspirations to set up several business that He can sell or maintain as he creates a conglomerate that has no limits and boundaries as to what industries it is involved in. Also wants to go international as a public speaker motivator and philantropist. Ultimate goal is to have a talk show

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Thing of Beauty

Worthy Magazine! Finally here and FEARLESS!

Sunshine