Techniques to DeFunk



Have you ever hit that moment when every single thing is getting to you? 
Getting you upset? Angry? Annoyed? Sad? Flustered? Confused? Frustrated? 
Just getting you into a "negative headspace"?

Currently, this has been me for the past two days... well, possibly more but I am trying to face it head-on for the past two days and it is not working.

So, I am pulling out some of my old techniques and hoping that by the time I am done I will have the root of the problem nipped.


Image result for techniques to reduce stress
Courtesy verywellmind.com

To be honest my first thought when I started to get in a "mood" was just to think that it is the stress of what I am trying to do right now with moving coming soon and my doctoral program. Slowly it became increasingly clear that it is not the case. Although, I have a lot going on that are all extremely stressful situations... I have to admit that I honestly am not bothered by any of those things. 

I had to step back and just think what is causing me to slowly not want to be involved in anything or deal with virtually anyone... 

The answer became increasingly clear that although there is the external force at play, there are several internal ones that I have to get under control before I lash out at the wrong person. 

And with that begins the old school calm-down techniques that I frequently use and a few that I have outgrown. These are not in any specific order, just the way they came to mind. 


Cry
Breathe 
Write
Pray and/or Meditate
Time with West
Listen to Music 
Sleep
Work Out
Eat
Disconnect
Reflect




Love ya,
Life Guru

Worthy Magazine
#WhitInTheWorld
#OriginalDoapster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Thing of Beauty

Sunshine

Worthy Magazine! Finally here and FEARLESS!