Ain't too Proud to Beg?

I would be lying if I said that I never begged for anything. I have begged, pleaded, and in certain situations lost all self-respect in the manner that I refused to let go.

With each situation, each circumstance, and each "chapter" in my life that has come and gone... I can say that the growth I have experienced is beyond words. I want to explain it to you but in all honesty, I don't know-how.

When I saw this post on Instagram it spoke to my soul on so many different levels it was a little scary but the two that stood out most related to dating and friendships.  The truth is that when you are dealing with a person, regardless if it is intimate or platonic, you should not have to beg for the basic parts of interactions that come with sincere relationships.

If a person loves you they will be there for you, not when it is beneficial for them but when they can be there. They will be there for you at your worst and celebrate your best with you.

They will care that you are down or the simple fact that you express to them how you feel about a situation hurting you, even if that means they are at the root of that pain.  They will work to rectify their wrongs and do better, not just in the moment to get you to be at ease and go back to dismissing their lax manner but genuinely trying to be a better counterpart.

They will actually talk to you and listen to what you have to say. Conversations beyond the basic "how are you", "what's new", or  "wyd". The conversations will not always be deep but they will always translate to something that is building a foundation for a long-lasting relationship that has room to grow with deposits and withdrawals.

And finally, they will be willing at some point to put you first. This looks different on so many levels to so many people... the root of being put first though is when a person knows you well enough to know what they translate to. When I put someone first it may be something as simple as stepping away from a meeting or class to talk or it could be canceling my business event to ensure that I am giving my friend the time they need during a rough patch. Whatever the case it should be clear that they person is doing it... for some people, it means accepting responsibility for what they did in a situation that was wrong and not placing the blame on someone or something else.

I am not begging, initiating, or in any way hinting at "it". The "it" is the time and energy that should be given if a person truly cares. This goes for dating and friendships, especially. I know I am busy, Lord knows it is not an excuse for anyone to use against me as to why they do not try to make time for me. Truth is when I know someone wants to be around I find a way to make time and put in the effort.

I challenge you to not beg for what you deserve but to love and respect yourself enough to know that you can walk away from people who force you to beg when the truth is they wouldn't think twice about leaving you if you treated them the way they treated you.

Love ya,
Life Guru

Worthy Magazine
#WhitInTheWorld

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Thing of Beauty

Worthy Magazine! Finally here and FEARLESS!

Sunshine