Dedication: PEP Squad


Whit. WhitWhit.
Smilez.  Princess Crunk.
Silly. Short. Intelligent. Sweet, Kindhearted.
Funny. Out-going. Female. Young. Baby face. LJ.
Short Stuff or Shorty.
UOMee. Eeyore.

All of these words, phrases and nicknames are just a few that people will use to describe me, but what are the nicknames missing?

Background information about me.
 Courteous Entry Level Living

On July 5, 1989 at 5:25am a new member to the Johnson family was born in Brooklyn, New York. An only child raised in a household with three spectacular women, Sylvia, Chandler and Maureen in Far Rockaway before moving to Florida at the age of five.   From the time I was born until now, at the age of 20 (soon to be 21!), I have learned so many things from my “PEP Squad”, “Special Crew” and every other person that has somehow been a part of my life.  I have always thought of myself as just being me but never really knew how to describe that to people. When I was younger, 17 years old and younger, I would say, “Whitney is my playful side and Lacoy is my serious- quiet side”. Once I entered college and came to some serious realizations, I can say that is not the case. There are little things about me that people will just never know and other aspects of my personality that are easy to find out. I am a nice person even though my friends and I joke that we are “jerks and proud of it”. I am a tidy person, love to eat and always willing to learn something new. The part about this that may make no sense though is, what does this rambling of thoughts have to do with anything?

The answer is that this time around I am not going to be talking about myself solely but more so talking about the blessings that have aided me in life to make me the individual I am today, Whitney Lacoy Johnson.

This is my Dedication to those who have been dedicated to me.

My PEP Squad


Throughout my life being raised in a household that had a diverse heritage, I was brought up to believe and have certain values and principles. Such as family, honesty, being a woman of integrity, respect, tolerance, being myself and religion are important aspect that my family has taught me.

The key figures in my life are my grandmother, mother and aunt which have all imparted different lessons that have created the foundation of who I am today. 

My mother, or as I love to call her “Mommy”, is S.P. Johnson. The epitome of class, and I am not saying this because she is my mom and “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”. No my mom is one of the classiest women I know or have been honored to be in her presence for my lifetime. The funniest thing though is that all the things that I see in my mom, in terms of class, people will sometimes say it’s due to the fact she was born in England or that she is an exception to some rule but the fact is that my mom is just doing what she knows how to do best, being a woman.  My mother has taught me that without tolerance and understanding I will never be able to grow and fully experience what the world has to offer me. She has been there for me since day one. Even when I felt that she was being too hard on me or would NEVER understand me, she was always guaranteed to have my best interest at heart even when I didn't have my own best interest in mind. She is my protector and my safe-guard, my "Tootz" and my role-model that never seems to fail to amaze me or the people around her. Without her I would not be here today or a fourth of the person I am today. I am not only grateful to have her as my Mommy but I am blessed to have her there to watch out for me and love me like no one else ever could.

My grandmother, C.E.Johnson, has taught me that inner strength and willpower will allow me to accomplish anything that I set my mind to or seems impossible.  My grandma's birthday is 10 days after mine, meaning that we are both Cancers, what that means? I don't think it honestly means much other than we are awesome! But in all seriousness there is not much to say about my grandma, other than I  find her to be perfect. She is my "angel without wings" that always gives me the strength to push on when I have no motivation what so ever. When I feel as if there is no way that anything is going to make a turn around or that for some reason the world is against me, I know that in my corner of the boxing match, W.L.J. vs Life, she is there coaching me. And to think that she has raised my mom and aunt is just unbelievable! One woman has single handedly aided in the creation of perfection or near perfection, if you want to be difficult and disagree with me. 

My aunt, M.P.Johnson or "Dudette", throughout the years and most recently has given me in site to a multitude of subjects. She instills the fact that I need to always view an issue from more than one angle in order for the solution to be the best one and that listening is better than speaking at times. Most recently though my aunt has taught me that, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going," because even with her busy job and things that are going on in her life, she hasn't allowed it to stop her. Through her I have learned that although times may seem rough and you want to give, quitting is never honestly an option.  


Definition of a Johnson Woman


A woman of honor, understanding and class.
A woman wise enough to know when to face a clash. 
A woman who can stand on her own.
A woman who is with family & rarely alone.
A woman of strength.
A woman that's kind.
A woman with natural beauty that will always shine.


A Johnson woman won't cry over spillt milk or fight over a man. 
She will keep her cool when times get hard.
She’ll never turn her back on a person in need.
This is a Johnson woman, yes in deed. 


She works toward her future, while living in the present 
and learning from her past struggles that are now left behind.
Every Johnson woman has her own personal strength
 that make up for any flaws a person could ever find. 


No one can compare or even dare try,
because a Johnson woman is beyond perfection
or super fly.


A woman that only can be found in a dream or fairytale,
is summarized in one name,
found one in family,
created one dynasty.
Johnson,
need I say more than it is a name to truly adore.
  Courteous Eltiste-kaiser

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Thing of Beauty

Worthy Magazine! Finally here and FEARLESS!

Sunshine